Q57. What is the need of Test Plan document?
Test Plan tells the tester that what needs to be tested and how testing is going to be performed. Test plan also tells that what resources are needed for the execution of the test cases, timelines and risk associated with the test plan. We can also perform the testing without test plan document, but first we have to select test Approach for the testing and go with testing. Many test plans are being created just for the sake of processes. Many tester use test plan documents when test plan document contains the some useful information.
Q58. Why we do load and performance testing?
Load Testing: The reason to perform the load testing is to determine response times of application processes and transactions to establish whether they are within acceptable time limit or not, as per user requirement. It also measures the capability of an application to function correctly under load by measuring the systems key performance indicators.
Performance Testing: Performance Testing is performed to determine response time of the some components of the system perform under a particular workload. It is generally measured in terms of response time for the user activity. It is designed to test the overall performance of the system at high load and stress condition
Q59.What is difference between test effectiveness and test efficiency?
- Test Efficiency is the ratio of number of test cases executed by unit of time (generally per hour).
- It is the amount of code and testing resources required by a program to perform a particular function. Test Effectiveness evaluates the effect of the test environment on the application.
- Test Effectiveness is a measure by the customer response on meeting product requirements where as Test Efficiency is a measure of optimum utilization of resources to create the Software product.
Q60.What is data driven testing?
Data Driven is an automation testing part in which test input or output values, these values are read from data files. It is performed when the values are changing by the time. The different data files may include data pools, csv files, Excel files. The data is then loaded into variables in recorded or manually coded scripts. For data driven testing we use Parameterzing and Regular expression Technique.
Ex. Let we want to sign up to create an account in Gmail for 100 users. For this we pet all the user detail in a single excel sheet or use a single script.
Q61. Can Manual Testing be completely replaced by Automation Testing?
Automated testing cannot replace manual testing because of following reason:
- Automated testing cannot replace the analytical skills required to conduct testing. It can only enhance or supplement manual testing,
- Through manual testing, information can be gathered about the application, and real-time decisions can be made about how to enhance a test that would be too difficult to program into an automated script.
- We need a manual tester to analyze and maintain the automated scripts after they can run.